An Experiment in Value

Today I had fun in my studio creating an experiment value. I created two watercolor paintings... one with correct values, and one with everything wrong. It was a neat and fun way to see that value really does make a huge difference.  Check out some of the photos and also my full youtube video of the lesson.  Keep getting those values right for better art! :) 

Correct Values: 
In this painting, I painted the values as they should be in nature. Lighter values in the background and darker values in the background. 

Incorrect Values: 
In this example, I painted the values backwards with darker values in the background and lighter, paler values in the foreground. This might be better for a night scene, but it is clearly incorrect. 

To see the full lesson, please click this link and also subscribe to my Youtube channel for more tutorials and art fun! 



Comments

Popular Posts